Student Scholarship Award
The Brighton Chamber of Commerce Student Scholarship Award was established to assist our business leaders of tomorrow.
The Brighton Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to preserving a competitive and responsible free enterprise system for businesses by creating:
- A climate that encourages the expansion and growth of business.
- An environment of understanding and mutual respect between the business community and government.
- A better understanding and appreciation of the importance of business in our society in general and the Brighton community in particular.
To that end, the Student Scholarship program has a twofold goal to enhance our community's quality of life by:
- preparing an educated citizenry for responsible roles within the workforce to strengthen the economic vitality of our region
- creating a corporate citizenship to promote the importance of community service and participation in community affairs
The Brighton Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Award will recognize students whose educational and career goals are committed to those principles. The academic Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Brighton High School senior, who wishes to pursue a career in business administration or related fields and who is planning to attend a two or four year college.
- Applicants must be a Brighton High School senior planning to attend a two or four year institution of higher education.
- Preference given to students seeking a degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Participation in extra-curricular or community service will be considered.
- Awards will be for direct educational expenses such as tuition, fees, and books.
- Applicants must submit an essay (no more than 300 words) addressing the following topic: "As a future business leader, how do you feel you could improve the quality of life in the community."
The essay will be evaluated for content, grammar, spelling, and presentation.
Procedure for Student Applicants:
- Complete the online application located below, including uploading your essay, by Friday, March 24, 2017.
- If the Brighton Chamber receives a sufficient number of eligible entries that meet the minimum criteria, award will be determined in April by the Brighton Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Award will be granted, payable to student, presented at the BHS awards ceremony in May.
The Brighton Chamber of Commerce reserves the right not to award a scholarship in the event it receives an insufficient number of eligible entries that meet the minimum criteria, as determined by the Chamber in its sole discretion.